Family Seeks Justice After Gruesome Murder of Lansing Man

LANSING, Mich. — The family of Lance Pollo, 38, is desperately seeking answers after his body was discovered in the aftermath of a fire on February 10. Authorities have confirmed that Pollo, whose remains were found in the rubble, had been shot in the head before the fire was set. The discovery of his body has left his family, particularly his younger brother, Trevor Pollo, 33, heartbroken and searching for justice.

“We need answers. His death was not just a tragedy—it was an act of violence that deserves to be fully investigated,” said Trevor Pollo, in a plea for information about his brother’s death.

Lance Pollo’s body was identified through DNA testing last week, and his family was notified shortly thereafter. According to Trevor, Lance’s absence had not raised immediate concern, as it was not unusual for his brother to disappear for days or even weeks at a time due to his various interests and struggles. However, this time was different.

“He had a lot of passion and projects that kept him busy, so it wouldn’t have been abnormal to go a few weeks without hearing from him,” Trevor explained. “But this time, we never heard from him again.”

Lance Pollo had faced significant challenges throughout his life, including periods of homelessness and entanglements with the criminal justice system. In 2017, Pollo was charged with multiple counts of Criminal Sexual Conduct, eventually pleading guilty in 2018 to one count of CSC 4 under a plea deal. This resulted in a short jail sentence and probation. However, court records reveal that Lance repeatedly violated his probation, which led to further jail time and extensions of his probation.

Most recently, Pollo was jailed in December 2024 after pleading guilty to writing a check with non-sufficient funds. He had served time for this offense, but a probation violation in connection with the case led to a sentence of 240 days in jail, with credit for time already served. Lance was released from Ingham County Jail on February 1, 2025, just days before his body was discovered.

Authorities have indicated that they are particularly interested in the events surrounding Pollo’s most recent incarceration. Investigators are working to determine if any connections or individuals Lance may have encountered during his jail time could be linked to his murder.

“We’re looking into who Lance might have interacted with during his most recent stay in jail,” said a law enforcement official. “Any information regarding his connections in those final days could help piece together what led to his death.”

In an effort to encourage potential witnesses to come forward, the Pollo family has announced a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the successful conviction of the person or persons responsible for Lance’s murder.

“The lack of dignity in what happened to my brother—what was done to his body—is something no one should ever have to experience,” Trevor Pollo said. “Someone out there knows something. I just hope they come forward and help us find justice.”

The family remains hopeful that public attention will bring crucial information to light, and that the person or people responsible for Lance’s death will be held accountable. The murder, which was both violent and malicious, has left the community shaken, and local authorities continue to investigate all leads as they work to uncover the truth.

For now, Lance Pollo’s family is left to cope with the pain of his loss while searching for answers to a crime that has left more questions than resolutions.

The Eaton County Sheriff’s Department is urging anyone with information to contact them directly or to report tips anonymously through Crime Stoppers.

Total
0
Shares
Previous Article

Spring Arbor Couple Detained in Mexico Over Timeshare Dispute: Family Desperate for Their Return

Next Article

MSU Police Seek Help Identifying Suspects in Vehicle Break-Ins

Related Posts